Period: ASAP - 30.06.2024
Salary: Pr. agreement
The position holder will provide extensive geophysics expertise to support development and production projects within a multi-disciplinary team.
Leads and carries out specialized and senior level assignments and projects of a technical or complex nature, requiring academic degree or equivalent expertise learnt through longer experience. Is an expert within own area and provides advice to senior managers and directors.
Drive and coordinate, in a multi-disciplinary approach, development projects including:
- Prospect generation and assessment through seismic interpretation, attribute analysis, velocity analysis and depth conversion, as well as construction of maps.
- Integrate well, seismic, geological, and other relevant data to maintain an up-to-date understanding of the subsurface.
- Use pre- and post-stack seismic data and quantitative rock physics to characterize the subsurface.
- Lead the evaluation of potential drilling candidates and lead the subsurface definition and execution of well programs.
- Incorporate well results in prospect and reservoir model re-assessment.
- Coordinate external studies, QC and apply study findings.
- Preservation of evaluation results according to industry and company best practices.
- Capture, share and implement lessons learnt to improve workflows.
- Test and evaluate new technology, workflows and software. Coordinate R&D projects.
- Provide expertise on specialist topics (e.g. quantitative rock physics, seismic processing / acquisition, depth conversion etc.).
- Lead technical projects, coordinate cross-discipline activities.
- Provide and seek technical support from / to colleagues in order to develop and motivate.
- Participate in peer reviews and QC.
- Promote best practices, standardization and knowledge capture. Propose improvements to procedures for storage of data, interpretation, evaluations and reports.
- Promote technical proposals, report and present to partners (workshops / EC / MC) or internally (BOR / peer review), in collaboration with colleagues.
- Represent the company in licenses, at technical conferences and in workshops.
Formal qualifications, skills and experience requirements:
- Master degree or equivalent in geology / petroleum engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience from the Oil & Gas industry, and knowledge of the E&P business.
- Strong geophysical skills required to perform main duties and responsibilities
- Advanced skills using major software packages (preferably Petrel).
- Extensive experience in operated ventures.
- Team player, with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to integrate subsurface and other disciplines into a project.
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively present and discuss results and issues, and to provide the technical base of decisions.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and preferably Norwegian language skills
- Cultural awareness
Additional Competence Requirements:
- Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn’t over complicate
- Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions
- Works effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset
- Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
- Takes a ‘client's first’ approach, ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations (business oriented)
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org